Quick update.
This week is largely about prep for Rob & Kyrie's wedding. G is doing a calligraphy project, making twenty pieces for the tables. I've assumed a larger role than expected, building the stands for her work out of art paper. Ah, working in parallel! *grin*
I'm back at work on the Lovecraft movie. Put in 8.5 hours yesterday. I've got the second batch of shots imported to the hard drive, and properly formatted. I'm ready to go through the selection process, choosing which takes I want to actually use. I've also started applying the "lavaman" process in earnest. Processed 13 of 16 shots from batch one last night.
The LaCie hard drive crashed on me Saturday while I was futzing around, trying to import DV directly into it. A million thanx to Leopoldo for fixing it!
E gradumutated on Sunday. Went to see his thesis show -- very impressive.
J & he have started moving into their new house... ...Now don't go getting all wiggy on me for not having mentioned their new house before! They've been dreaming about this particular place for years, and it's finally opened up. Didn't know for sure that they would get it until just last week, Tuesday.
...How do I feel? Happy for J that she's getting something she really wants; a bit sad for me that she's going to be living farther away. I'd say I'm at 70% / 30% right now. I'll probably feel worse when the "this is the last time we'll [fill in the blank] here" experiences start hitting.
G & I are going to take over the other unit as studio space. J's big moving day is on Monday the 31st. The landlord will take five days to clean, then it's ours.
Tantalizing. Just enough to make you want to read more, eh?
This week is largely about prep for Rob & Kyrie's wedding. G is doing a calligraphy project, making twenty pieces for the tables. I've assumed a larger role than expected, building the stands for her work out of art paper. Ah, working in parallel! *grin*
I'm back at work on the Lovecraft movie. Put in 8.5 hours yesterday. I've got the second batch of shots imported to the hard drive, and properly formatted. I'm ready to go through the selection process, choosing which takes I want to actually use. I've also started applying the "lavaman" process in earnest. Processed 13 of 16 shots from batch one last night.
The LaCie hard drive crashed on me Saturday while I was futzing around, trying to import DV directly into it. A million thanx to Leopoldo for fixing it!
E gradumutated on Sunday. Went to see his thesis show -- very impressive.
J & he have started moving into their new house... ...Now don't go getting all wiggy on me for not having mentioned their new house before! They've been dreaming about this particular place for years, and it's finally opened up. Didn't know for sure that they would get it until just last week, Tuesday.
...How do I feel? Happy for J that she's getting something she really wants; a bit sad for me that she's going to be living farther away. I'd say I'm at 70% / 30% right now. I'll probably feel worse when the "this is the last time we'll [fill in the blank] here" experiences start hitting.
G & I are going to take over the other unit as studio space. J's big moving day is on Monday the 31st. The landlord will take five days to clean, then it's ours.
Tantalizing. Just enough to make you want to read more, eh?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home