Monday, January 12, 2004

Today I helped interview five candidates for the Development Director position at PWCL. We picked one -- but boy is my brain fried.

Last night gl. and I went to Corvallis (or was it Albany?) to visit the Meadling. Neat folks. I even got a word in edgewise...

Earlier Sunday afternoon: read resumes, then went to PWCL "open house" at Nocturnal. I suck at mixer dynamics, and left promptly. Neat polymer clay space aliens, though.

Saturday afternoon: went to PWCL strategic planning meeting from 1 to 5.

Thurs, Fri, Sat -- slept over at G's on the art room floor three nights in a row.

J went on her first Craigslist date today -- haven't heard the story yet, but she said beforehand that he sounded like my bro on the phone. Thangs with new & hopeful Jessica haven't worked out as well as hoped, but the story's not over.

Sister Salia arrived this afternoon.

G is over at Leopoldo's tonight. I got myself into a dreadfully awkward situation, seem to have extracted without Godzilla eating Tokyo (or is it vice versa?)... Was driving by L's. Just curious to see if G is actually there, I pull into the parking lot. Yup. I suppose I should leave a note on her windshield saying I passed by. Oh -- damn -- that'll be weird, so I should knock. Except then I'll be interrupting G and L time, which is verbotten in my world. AAAA!

...So, I've been writing this whole mental process into the note for the windshield. I decide, OK, knock, show the note, then try to gracefully run away screaming. L answered the door -- which I'm thinking is good -- being an alpha, and the best boundary boy ever, I can ask to draw upon his wisdom.

Well, he invites me in, and I get to see a FUCKING AMAZING clip from Angels in America. Yessirree, L's choice would be to knock -- and G's choice would be to leave note. After clip, I put on coat and get out. Minimal damage.

While not an actual poly issue, let me tell you -- this is what poly can be like! Trying to do respect, knowing full well that each of the players is playing by their own set of rules. ...What DO you DO?

Didn't I say my brain's fried??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home