I'm increasingly concerned about the departure of PWCL's Development Director (paid fundraiser). We (at least I) need to figure out what the hiring process is going to be. My best guess about when we'll get a replacement: October. In the meantime, we need to figure out what our income projections are for budgeting purposes. And we need to determine what to do about a mass mailing that's been left up in the air.
Here at the Butte, we're supposed to be getting the studio floor replaced with ugly, ugly vinyl composite tiles today or tomorrow -- but the business that's doing the work has neglected to call back and tell us which day it will be. Or even if it's happening at all this week.
I'm sitting in the studio right now, looking out the windows in front of my writing desk... Our new neighbors (goodbye Chuck & Heidi!) are installing a metal mesh door in the passage to their back yard. When I saw construction folk drive up, I freaked, thinking that these were our flooring people. So, in a rush, I got done one of my main to-do items for today: clearing the bookshelf and odd boxes out of the studio kitchen.
Besides the new quasi-panic about PWCL, my big daily worry is Burning Man. I feel like I'm slowly getting a better picture of what details need to be taken care of -- but it still looms as a "what am I forgetting?" and "I'm not doing enough" item.
It looks like we're decided on one thing, though: take super-car Trixie, and sleep in a tent. Presuming there's no last second change of heart on this, this is a huge wrinkle off my forehead. I had thought that we might rent an RV... But at $152 per day for 11 days (min), that's a killer. I was looking into what it would take to rent a pop-up trailer or cargo van, or get the Svan in tip-top condition -- lots of possibilities...
Getting a tent means that we invest in a keepable resource. I like having tools and resources on hand... It raises new issues -- like getting it staked down adequately (rebar?) and making the tent lines safe so folks won't trip over them (required by the Burning Man organizers) -- but these feel like managable details. The bigness of not having our main transportation / lodging choice nailed down -- that, that was doing ye olde mosh pit slam dance in my cerebellum.
Here at the Butte, we're supposed to be getting the studio floor replaced with ugly, ugly vinyl composite tiles today or tomorrow -- but the business that's doing the work has neglected to call back and tell us which day it will be. Or even if it's happening at all this week.
I'm sitting in the studio right now, looking out the windows in front of my writing desk... Our new neighbors (goodbye Chuck & Heidi!) are installing a metal mesh door in the passage to their back yard. When I saw construction folk drive up, I freaked, thinking that these were our flooring people. So, in a rush, I got done one of my main to-do items for today: clearing the bookshelf and odd boxes out of the studio kitchen.
Besides the new quasi-panic about PWCL, my big daily worry is Burning Man. I feel like I'm slowly getting a better picture of what details need to be taken care of -- but it still looms as a "what am I forgetting?" and "I'm not doing enough" item.
It looks like we're decided on one thing, though: take super-car Trixie, and sleep in a tent. Presuming there's no last second change of heart on this, this is a huge wrinkle off my forehead. I had thought that we might rent an RV... But at $152 per day for 11 days (min), that's a killer. I was looking into what it would take to rent a pop-up trailer or cargo van, or get the Svan in tip-top condition -- lots of possibilities...
Getting a tent means that we invest in a keepable resource. I like having tools and resources on hand... It raises new issues -- like getting it staked down adequately (rebar?) and making the tent lines safe so folks won't trip over them (required by the Burning Man organizers) -- but these feel like managable details. The bigness of not having our main transportation / lodging choice nailed down -- that, that was doing ye olde mosh pit slam dance in my cerebellum.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home