Tuesday, February 03, 2004

G suggested that I should put rabbit rabbit here. Too true!

February:
"I wish this month to balance LOTS of time with G with getting a bunch done with youthlib.com, PWCL, cleaning, and animation."

I have a fair amount of hope for succeeding in this goal. [Don't ask me to quanitify -- you know that I could...] I have a new strategy for planning that I'm all a'twitter aboot. Using a calendar that shows a week at a time and shows 15min demarcations, start by photocopying next week...

(1) Blacken all known appointments.

(2) Use a pre-agreed upon template to pencil-in where you're likely to be sleeping each night.

(3) Draw vertical lines through all the time that you're likely to be with someone else.

(4) Now circle all the windows for doing work alone at home, using the presumption that everything gets accomplished in 3 hour blocks.

(5) List all the major tasks that you want to plan work-dates for; estimate how many hours each will take.

(6) Divide each of those estimates by three, to determine how many time-windows will be needed; start penciling tasks into time blocks.

(7) Shift things around as needed. Conclude by penciling in exact times for each meeting (e.g. 1-4pm) on the calendar.

...This is meant to be a guide schedule. Naturally lots of changes and shifting around goes on during the course of the week. Still, so far it seems to be wildly useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home