I'm back at it with the "Workflow" documents. Two of them today that I care to mention...
Workflow: Sleeping & Waking
THE STAGES OF WAKE PLANS:
1. An Act of Will
When I first get up early, it's an act of will, usually inspired by the feeling that I can't keep on going as I have been, with everything a mess and my goals going unmet.
2. String of Successes
Next, there's a stage of trying not to break the string of successes of getting up early.
3. Napping
Then, I don't know if this is exactly a stage, I go through a couple of days of taking naps in the afternoon / early evening because my exhaustion is catching up with me.
4. Sleeping in, to Catch Up
I'm most likely to cave in on the weekend, allowing myself to catch up on sleep, sleeping in as late as I want for those two days.
5. On Week / Off Week
Often I have one good week of getting up followed by a bad one; probably because I haven't recaptured the will to get up early -- I'm still feeling like I need to indulge myself.
Workflow-Bedtime Prayer
1. Morning pages are a sacred duty of the poly life.
2. I will use an alarm clock to help me get up in the mornings.
3. It has to be 7am or earlier because morning pages (a) take too big of a chunk out of the day, and because (b) the morning is the most defensible part of the day (against interruptions).
4. I affirm that I'm willing to take on the intial tiredness to switch schedules.
5. I will be mindful of catching up on sleep via naps -- attempting to schedule catch-up time, rather than crashing unintentionally, or indulging temptation.
6. I will try to get up at 7am on weekends too; they are a prime opportunity for losing the practice.
7. I commit to keeping records of bed time, wake time, and total number of hours slept -- as a means to track level of sleep deprivation.
Workflow: Sleeping & Waking
THE STAGES OF WAKE PLANS:
1. An Act of Will
When I first get up early, it's an act of will, usually inspired by the feeling that I can't keep on going as I have been, with everything a mess and my goals going unmet.
2. String of Successes
Next, there's a stage of trying not to break the string of successes of getting up early.
3. Napping
Then, I don't know if this is exactly a stage, I go through a couple of days of taking naps in the afternoon / early evening because my exhaustion is catching up with me.
4. Sleeping in, to Catch Up
I'm most likely to cave in on the weekend, allowing myself to catch up on sleep, sleeping in as late as I want for those two days.
5. On Week / Off Week
Often I have one good week of getting up followed by a bad one; probably because I haven't recaptured the will to get up early -- I'm still feeling like I need to indulge myself.
Workflow-Bedtime Prayer
1. Morning pages are a sacred duty of the poly life.
2. I will use an alarm clock to help me get up in the mornings.
3. It has to be 7am or earlier because morning pages (a) take too big of a chunk out of the day, and because (b) the morning is the most defensible part of the day (against interruptions).
4. I affirm that I'm willing to take on the intial tiredness to switch schedules.
5. I will be mindful of catching up on sleep via naps -- attempting to schedule catch-up time, rather than crashing unintentionally, or indulging temptation.
6. I will try to get up at 7am on weekends too; they are a prime opportunity for losing the practice.
7. I commit to keeping records of bed time, wake time, and total number of hours slept -- as a means to track level of sleep deprivation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home